Draper Valley Vineyard Early Muscat



My Experience:

My wife got this (and a Gewerztraminer
) from Draper Valley Vineyards for fathers day. We are finally getting to them! We had it with minestrone.

It's a light golden color, not quite as translucent as some of the Chardonnay we've had. It has medium legs, not holding on long but fairly weighty. It has a tangy, floral scent that is very pleasing that reminded me of Citrus blossoms.

The taste is floral also, and from the scent I was expecting a strong, sour taste but it's milder, not weak, but still with a unique identifiable taste. I also didn't catch the citrus I was expecting, nor the acid. It is heavy bodied, bordering on thick, but
doesn't leave a strong syrupy residue in your mouth the way cheap white grape juice from concentrate does. It does have a very long finish, however.

I found it went well with the Minestrone, it was just strong enough to balance well with it. However, the long finish made me want another bite of Minestrone every time, which is why I'd say it's not a great pallet cleanser.

Works as a Wine Alternative: I think so.

Did I Like it: 8 out if 10

Would I Recommend it: Yes

Who Might Like it: I think this is a pretty straightforward entry into gourmet juices.

No comments:

Post a Comment